One Hill

Camille Fechner, Writer

Palos Verdes High School rivalry with several South Bay schools, but most would argue that our most notable rival is the school on the other side of the hill, otherwise known as Palos Verdes Peninsula High School. On January 24, 2017, PV played Peninsula’s basketball team away.The boy’s team lost 60-46 while the girl’s team was victorious, winning 47-42. As a result of the games from January, the PVHS boys were the underdog going into the February 9th game.

The girl’s team played first and Palos Verdes High won with a final score of 53-35. Directly after the game, Amelia Dibbo, a player on the PVHS Girls Varsity Basketball team stated, “My team and I are ecstatic about the win, we have been working so hard. The support from Red Tide and the parents generated such a positive and fun atmosphere.”

The boy’s basketball game started promptly at 7:30 and within seconds Palos Verdes took the lead. Throughout the first and second quarters, PVHS kept their lead but Peninsula was close behind. During the second quarter, both teams maintained the close and intense game. Palos Verdes High won the game with a score of 54-35.   

Throughout this week, there has been a great deal of anticipation Palos Verdes High School. With endless lines of students trying to buy tickets and a pep rally it definitely kicked off the school into the spirit. But as the stands filled with students, parents, and spectators from all over the south bay, intensity and school spirit were ubiquitous.

The Palos Verdes High and Peninsula High rivalry has been transpiring for countless years. This healthy competition always finds a way to bring the entire community together to support the athletics of both of these remarkable schools. Although there are two public high schools on the Palos Verdes High school, at the end of the day we are a united community, we are #onehill.

• One Hill

News

PV students lobby in state capitol

• One Hill

Entertainment

Doctor Strange Review

• One Hill

Arts and Society

Wrapping up With Inktober

• One Hill

Features

The Benefits of Yoga, Now at PV

• One Hill

Food

Power Snacks to Help You Study

• One Hill

News

Homecoming Court Announced

• One Hill

News

Sea King Football featured on KTLA 5

• One Hill

Features

Best Dessert Shops in South Bay

• Opinion

Hilary Trumps Donald in First Debate

• Entertainment

10 Movies to Look for this Fall

One Hill