The Point

The Point

The Point

An Enchanted Night to Remember

PVHS students attend Winter Formal at Skirball Center on January 27

Winter Formal is an annual dance where PVHS ASB collaborates to host a night to remember. 

This year, the theme of the dance was “Enchanted” and was hosted at the Skirball Cultural Center. 

“Venues are super hard right now because several have priced us out, like the aquarium and some studios,” ASB director Jama Maxfield said. 

The thought process to the theme came after the center was chosen. 

“The contract was signed and booked 1.5 years ago for the venues to both Formal and Prom,” Maxfield said.

“[ASB] picked the theme based on the venue because it’s outside, there is a reflecting pool, it looks very ethereal and matches the vibe of the place.”

Coming up with themes for school events can be difficult, as there are many different members chipping in different ideas. For this year’s formal, the venue being outdoors made coming up with a theme a bit easier. 

“I feel like it will be different because it is outside and in a garden area,” senior Claire Kirk said. 

“A majority of past dances have been inside so it’s nice to be out in nature. The activities this time are typical foods, a DJ, dance floor, karaoke, and photo booth. We get an event planner and it’s going to have like green vines and it works well with the venue.” 

Many kids had a great time at the dance. 

“It was a great time at the dance, hanging out with my friends and spending time with my sister as well,” senior Chris Lachowicz said. 

“The food and music were super awesome as well.”

Along with the food and music, many others enjoyed the venue as well. 

“I had a fun experience and I thought it was a cool venue to have formal at,” senior Shaun Leone said. 

About the Contributor
Makayla McNeill, Reporter