Monster Storm could be the biggest in LA area

A San Bernardino County fire truck plunged over the side of the southbound 15 freeway, just south of Highway 138, when a lane and shoulder caved in due to heavy rains in the Cajon Pass, on Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017. (Irfan Khan/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

TNS

TNS

Audrey Chung, Writer

Everyone feels differently of rain, some love it, some hate it. Over the past couple years, California was in desperate need of rain, and it looks as if it will be getting its needs this Friday and Saturday. According to the L.A Times, officials have been giving warnings, as the storm will have several elements that might cause damage, such as high surf, powerful wind, and downpours.” People usually hear of four inches of snow, but this time, the storm will be bringing up to four inches of rain.

Ryan Kittell, weather forecaster with the National Weather Service stated that although the raw numbers don’t look too scary,“ if we get the bulk of that [much rain] coming over a small period, that will cause a lot of issues”, following up saying the rain could be coming at a rate of one inch per hour. This much rain will put California in high likelihood for lots of “roadway flooding”. In addition, there might also be fallen trees, as the storm will also be bringing powerful winds along with the rain.

To prepare for the storm, not only are officials giving out warnings, they are also working to clear debris basins in order to avoid flooding from the excess amounts of rain planned to come. In areas such as Duarte residents are on high alert. L.A. times gave a few suggestions in order to keep safe and dry during the storm, and it looks as if some will need to take a good look at the list for protection. Thankfully, Palos Verdes is on high ground, so the chances of PV flooding is very low, but residents should still make sure they prepare for what is to come.

• Monster Storm could be the biggest in LA area

News

PV students lobby in state capitol

Entertainment

Doctor Strange Review

Arts and Society

Wrapping up With Inktober

Features

The Benefits of Yoga, Now at PV

Food

Power Snacks to Help You Study

News

Homecoming Court Announced

News

Sea King Football featured on KTLA 5

Features

Best Dessert Shops in South Bay

• Opinion

Hilary Trumps Donald in First Debate

• Entertainment

10 Movies to Look for this Fall