The Point

The Point

The Point

Trick-Or-Yeet? Sea Kings’ Top Candy Pick

Data Collected via PVHS Point Instagram Story and Interviews

Trick-Or-Treating is one of the first things that come to mind when people think about Halloween. With Trick-Or-Treating, comes candy rankings. People like all kinds of candy, from sour to sweet, hard to chewy, and so much more. 

According to the pie chart, Reese’s Pieces and Twix are the most popular candy at Palos Verdes High school. 

People like Reese’s Pieces because it has peanut butter, and does a great job at combining both chocolate and peanut butter. Twix may be popular because people love that crunch satisfaction of the biscuit and the smooth sweetness of the carmel. 

Of course, both Twix and Reese’s Peanut butter cups are big brand names with tons of advertising, so it’s very easy to fall in love with these candies. 

Though these are the Sea King favorites, there’s so many other candies that people love. Candies vary from chocolate favorites, like Hershey and Twix, to chewy candies like Gummy Bears and Swedish Fish. 

Another key part of Trick-Or-Treating is not just the candy, but who receives it. Are people more likely to give candy to an elementary schooler, or an adult? 

Most students believe that Trick or Treating should end after middle school, and definitely by high school. Some argue that it the joy of Trick-Or-Treating should have no age limit. Many of our participants in the survey brought up the fact that COVID took away a year of trick or treating. 

This impacted the opinions of some people because they felt that they should trick or treat more before the possibility of this classic tradition goes away. The idea of no more Halloween is one that many don’t want to think about because who doesn’t want free candy? 

I originally thought that people should stop Trick-Or-Treating after middle school but with COVID taking away a year, I changed my opinion from the end of middle school, to no limit. The reason being that Trick-Or-Treating isn’t really about the candy, but the enjoyment of being young (though the candy is a really nice bonus). 

Trick-Or-Treating is about reliving the memories of being young and getting to spend time with friends and after some time, it’ll eventually fade out. In the end, there’s no right or wrong answer to this because as long as you’re having fun and not doing wrong, what’s the harm in free candy!

About the Contributor
Ryan Fuerte, Reporter