The Point

The Point

The Point

California Dreamin: Homecoming Highlights

Traditionally, ASB choses the homecoming theme in early September, however this year’s theme was selected several months ago. The California Dreamin’ theme was all based on an In-N-Out truck. 

“I called to contact our event company that brings everything in, and they had the In-N-Out truck available. We jumped on it and we were like ‘Let’s do a theme where we can tie in how Californian’s love In-N-Out’, and so California Dreamin’ came about,” said ASB Director Jama Maxfield. 

“We decided to celebrate all the different parts of California that make us unique and special to different parts of the country.”

Jersey day kicked off the week with students representing their favorite California sports teams from the Dodgers to the Rams. 

Tuesday had surfers vs. skaters with students wearing everything from Hawaiian shirts to flannels and beanies. 

Wednesday was Gold Rush day with students wearing flashy gold outfits.

Thursday was a tribute to Levi’s Jeans which originated in California, where students were seen sporting overalls and Canadian tuxedos (denim-on-denim outfits). Additionally, senior football players and cheerleaders performed a joint dance routine during nutrition. 

Barbie Friday concluded the week with students decked out in pink, following the pink-out dress code for the Friday Night Lights Homecoming game to raise awareness for breast cancer. 

Friday also featured the Homecoming court ceremony where seniors Ava Keshtkar and Jacob Reis were crowned Homecoming Queen and King.  

After a shutout victory of 42-0 against Redondo Union High School the night before, Homecoming kicked off on Saturday evening with an entry line wrapping around the corner.

Students showed up in overalls, Hawaiian shirts, glitter tops, tye-dye, jorts, and much more to fit the Kingschella theme. The highly anticipated In-N-Out truck was a huge success with the lines being up to thirty minutes long. Other attractions included a tattoo booth, a caricature artist, a gaming booth, foosball, air hockey, karaoke, and a photo booth. 

“I loved the food truck and the photo booth especially, it was so fun and I loved…to get cute pictures with my friends,” said Azalea Lurie (11). 

“The atmosphere was really positive, and everyone seemed like they were having a great time.”

About the Contributor
Zoe Barton, Reporter