“Firefall” at Yosemite

A view of Cathedral Rocks in Yosemite. (Mark Boster/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

TNS

TNS

Audrey Chung, Writer

Yosemite National Park, located in the Sierra Nevada mountains, where many enjoy camping, was spotted to have a “Firefall”. Everyone has heard of a waterfall, but a Firefall is heard of on a whole other level.The time of year has come for the “Firefall”, drawing hundreds of visitors each night to Yosemite Park.

Horsetail Fall, a waterfall that only flows down in the winter and early spring, is glowing and streaming down just as hot lava would thank the setting sun. The U.S Department of the Interior wrote on an Instagram page that if there are perfect conditions, “when the setting sun’s rays hit the waterfall at just the right angle” the rays illuminate on “the water in brilliant reds and oranges.” Not only does this special waterfall need absolute perfect conditions, there also needs to be enough snow to melt into the water for the falls.

The “Firefall” is a perfect Instagram-worthy picture and  would be the perfect picture to capture, but to get a picture, according to Cnet, “photographers flock to capture it” as the fall “doesn’t last more than two weeks and only at sunset.” Through the numerous amount of pictures taken at the scene by the hundreds of spectators, people from all over the world come just to witness the special event.

The Park’s website also gives a few suggestions to the people coming to see the “Firefall”. They suggest bringing a change of clothes, food and drinks, and tire chains because there will be weather changes. They stated the best view would probably be from the El Capitan picnic area.

Although the weather could be crazy and tough to drive through to get to the specific location, people brace and prepare what they will go through, as the results will be amazing. It will be hard to wait for the next “Firefall” to come.

• “Firefall” at Yosemite

News

PV students lobby in state capitol

• “Firefall” at Yosemite

Entertainment

Doctor Strange Review

• “Firefall” at Yosemite

Arts and Society

Wrapping up With Inktober

• “Firefall” at Yosemite

Features

The Benefits of Yoga, Now at PV

• “Firefall” at Yosemite

Food

Power Snacks to Help You Study

• “Firefall” at Yosemite

News

Homecoming Court Announced

• “Firefall” at Yosemite

News

Sea King Football featured on KTLA 5

• “Firefall” at Yosemite

Features

Best Dessert Shops in South Bay

• Opinion

Hilary Trumps Donald in First Debate

• Entertainment

10 Movies to Look for this Fall

“Firefall” at Yosemite